This week I wanted something neutral but with a bit of fun. I chose Essie Smokin’ Hot because it’s a really nice dark gray that leans a bit purple. As much as I love Essie polishes this one is a bit of a bear to work with and depending on your brush skills you might need three coats to get it opaque. That being said, I love the color.
To add something extra I went with OPI I Juggle… Men (it’s limited edition but still available online). It’s a micro fine pink, purple and blue shimmer. It complements the purple qualities of Smokin’ Hot.I know that Smokin’ Hot looks really dark but I just couldn’t get an accurate picture! It looks closer to the color of the bottle in real life. I love having sparkle on my nails but I hate how hard it is to remove so I Juggle… Men is the perfect solution. Plus it’s way more subtle and office friendly.
What are you wearing on your nails? Let me know in the comments below! And don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’!
It’s been so cold lately that it finally feels like winter here in California. I thought I would do a fun winter tag! I hope you do it too!
1) Favorite Winter Nail Polish? I love dark colors and glitter this time of year. I have too many polishes to pick just one.
2) Favorite Winter lip product? Red lipstick. I really like the Bite Beauty lipstick in the shade VIB Rouge. It’s gorgeous and really comfortable on the lips when they are a bit chapped.
3) Most worn Winter clothing piece? My ‘boyfriend’ jeans from American Eagle Outfitters. Or if I’m staying in, I love getting comfy in sweats and my knock-off Ugg boots.
4) Most worn Winter accessory? Beanies! Two years ago I knit a few different colors and they are so cozy.
5) Favorite winter scent/candle? Twisted Peppermint from Bath and Body Works is one of my favorites.
6) Favorite Winter beverage? Nutcracker Sweet Tea from Celestial Seasonings.
7) All time favorite Christmas/Holiday movie? The kid in me loves Home Alone and A Christmas Story. But Elf makes me pretty freaking happy too.
8) Favorite Christmas/Holiday song? I really don’t like holiday music. It gets so annoying because they start playing it in October and it’s the same 5 songs everywhere you go…
9) Favorite Holiday food/treat? I love pumpkin and pecan pie! I really like date bars too.
10) What is your favorite Christmas Decoration this year? Lights! I love small white lights so much we have them in our hallway and our bedroom wall!
11) What’s at the top of your Christmas list? A new camera. I really want to get something that will do HD Video but I still need to do some research.
12) What are your plans for the holidays this year? Lots of food and hanging with my family. No out-of-town plans for us.
I tag anyone who is reading this to do this! Let me know if you decide to do it on your own blog in the comments below!
Back in August I posted a link I found on Pinterest about making your own fabric softener. I’m not someone who uses fabric softener mostly because I’m pretty sensitive to scents, but I thought this would be a perfect way to choose my own. I halved their recipe because my container wasn’t large enough. I used:
- 3 cups HOT water
- 1.5 cups white vinegar
- 1 cup hair conditioner (I used apple scented)
This makes 44 oz of softener!
You’ll need an empty and clean container to store it. An old detergent bottle is perfect because you’ll have the measuring cup lid for ease of use.
I brought the 3 cups of water to boil and then let it rest for a minute or two.
Then poured it on top of the cup of conditioner. It’s important to fully dissolve the conditioner, so that’s why the water is hot.
I poured the 1.5 cup of white vinegar into the container first using a funnel to prevent any messes.
Then in went the water conditioner mixture! Make sure the lid is tight and gently shake it. The water is still warm so it mixed easily.
Of course I had to mess around with my new stamps to make a label for it!
They recommend using two tablespoons per load of laundry. I tried it out and it worked! It made my clothes noticeably softer and when I pulled them out of the wash it was the perfect apple scent. You don’t smell vinegar at all (which I was kind of worried about.) The scent was nonexistent after they came out of the dryer, though. They smelled fresh just not apple-y. I think it will be perfect for the clothes I line dry.
I’m happy with how it turned out and I only spent $2 and have enough to make a second batch.
Have you ever made your own fabric softener? Would you? Let me know in the comments below!
I’m back! I had a wonderful week spent baking, decorating, and eating. Lots of eating! I missed writing here and it feels fantastic to be back! So without further ado.
This week I wanted to do something subtly festive. I used OPI Embarca-dare Ya! because it’s a beautiful raspberry with rusty gold shimmer running through it. I got it as a gift for my last birthday. I used it on my toes quite a bit this summer but this is the first time on my hands.
To bring out the shimmer I used Essie as gold as it gets. It’s a gorgeous flaky gold sparkle. I’ve used almost half the bottle. I highly recommend this top coat if you are looking for some extra sparkle!I’m in love with this combination. I like doing a stripe of sparkle because you get the glitz but you can still see the bottom color.
Let me know what you’re wearing on your nails this week in the comments! Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin!
I have a lot going on this week with it being Thanksgiving here in the US. I decided I’m going to take a week off to enjoy time with my family. I hope everyone has a great week and Happy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate. I’ll be back to my regular schedule next Monday! Check out my Instagramfor updates throughout the week and pictures of food!
Let me know in the comments below what you’re thankful for! And don’t forget to follow me on bloglovin.
p.s. I’d like to tell you how thankful I am to have such lovely readers. I appreciate all of you! I’ve been having a blast running this blog. It’s so great to be able to share my thoughts and get feedback! Thanks again!