I started this blog in July of 2013 intending it to be my little place on the internet to share my random interests, my painting, and love of makeup. In October of 2013 I decided to make a separate art blog. So this space became solely about makeup. I love makeup and for the most part I love having a makeup blog, but recently I’ve felt like I’m blogging just to blog. I’m going to take a step back and figure out what I really want.
I want to say thank you to all 122 of you that follow me on Bloglovin’ and the others that follow me elsewhere! Your support means a lot! xx
Thank you so much Rachel for nominating me for this award! The rules are as follows 1. Thank and link the person who nominated you. (Done!) 2. List the rules and display the award.(I’m doing that now…) 3. Share several facts or things about you.(Here goes!)
- I have a bit of an obsessive personality. When I find something that I like it’s all I think about for a stretch until I get burnt out. Like before I adopted my dog, I spent all of my free time researching dog breads. Now I know a freakish amount about Wheaton Terriers for no real reason…
- My most current ‘obsession’ is books. For the last two years I didn’t read many novels. But since I found the Booktube community (on YouTube) and a really awesome used bookstore near my house my bookcase is full of books to read. I’m reading my tenth book (A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness) for 2014 which is more than I’ve ever read recreationally in one year let alone three and half months. I don’t see myself slowing down either. If you’re on Goodreads you can check me out here!
- I really can’t stand the sound of someone chewing a popsicle or frozen fruit. I literally just shivered typing this.
- I wouldn’t call myself a very tidy person but the inside of my computer is immaculately organized. A messy desktop is one of my pet peeves.
- I love salsa. We’ve been making fresh salsa once a week and it’s one of my major food groups.
- I never thought I would like fantasy novels but I recently read Harry Potter for the first time (I just finished Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban) and now I’m totally into the genre.
4. Nominate some inspiring bloggers.
Vanessa | Citron + Guavaberry
Kristen | Every Beauty Talks
Katie | Beauty and Katie
Caroline | All About the Girl
Erin | E-Elise Etc
Thanks again for the nomination Rachel! PS Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’!
Bold lips are a staple in my makeup collection. I feel more comfortable in a red than a nude. MAC Lady Danger is one of my favorites for Spring and Summer. (MOUSE OVER TO OPEN LIDS)
For lips: MAC Lady Danger is a matte bright orange-y red. I love it!
For cheeks: I’m wearing Benefit Sugarbomb and Dior Amber Diamonds.
For Eyes: I’m wearing MAC Carefree Pro Longwear Eyeshadow on my lid, brow-bone and inner corners. E.l.f. Chocolate Dream Baked Eyeshadow through the crease and lower lash line. For liner I used Milani Eye Tech Extreme Liquid Liner for a precise black line. Then once again I used MAC In Extreme Dimension Mascara.
Have you tried MAC Lady Danger? What’s your favorite red lipstick? Let me know in the comments below!
I was trying to take pictures of my manicure and this little guy was not having it. I thought this was too cute not to share! This week I’m wearing an incredibly unique shade by Color Club called Mrs. Robinson. As you can see in the above photos it’s a bit of a chameleon. Those two photos really are of the same polish! Most of the time indoors it appears as the one on the right. As soon as the sunlight hits it, it’s fluorescent and impossible to take an accurate picture. It’s still a bit more purple in real life compared to in photos. I absolutely love the vibrancy. Without a topcoat it has a satiny matte finish because it’s a neon. You can see my nail line even with three coats but it’s not streaky so I don’t mind. You could always use a white polish underneath and get away with two coats of Mrs. Robinson.
I really love this shade and it’s quite on trend with the Pantone Radiant Orchid.
Have you tried Color Club Mrs. Robinson? What color are you wearing this week? Let me know in the comments below!
PS If you want to see more pictures of my silly dog check out my instagram! @kenziewoodsart
PPS Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’!
This face of the day features three of my March Favorites (one of which is not pictured but I’ll get to that in a bit.)
(mouse over to open the lids)
For Eyes: I kept it simple with MAC Vapour on the lid and NARS Ondine through the crease and on the lower lash line. It’s not in the photo, but I used Buxom Pearl Insider Eyeliner below my brows to make them pop. I finished my eyes with a couple of swipes of MAC In Extreme Dimension Mascara.
For Lips: I started with MAC Dervish Lip Pencil, which is my absolute favorite MLBB (my lips but better) lip liner, and then applied NYX Vanilla Cream Pie Butter Gloss.
For Cheeks: I used Benefit Hervana as blush and LE MAC Play it Proper Beauty Powder as a highlight. You don’t really need a highlight with Hervana but basically I LOVE highlighters so I tend to use them whenever possible…
Are you sick of seeing Hervana on my blog yet? It’s such a beautiful Springtime blush, but it really could be worn year round. I love it!
What blush have you been reaching for most? Let me know in the comments!
P.S. You can find me on Pinterest, Twitter and Instagram @kenziewoodsart.
P.P.S. Don’t forget to follow me on Bloglovin’!